Thursday, August 04, 2011

Operation: Girls room clean up!

So in what seems like a not-so-recent illness bout of Jacey's in June, I attempted to do some reorganizing.  I wanted to tackle the girls room.  Well, more specifically, their bookshelf.  So I began this project in June.

Here is the "before" picture.  Crazy, right?


So I went through all of the hair and head accessories.  There are some headbands I have for Jacey that would leave all kinds of marks on her big ole head.  So I quickly purged through those types of things.  You know, the small bows made for babies with just a little hair.  Can't use those - especially on a little girl with no hair!

I hung up all of the bows (how in the world we manage to get so many royal blue, red and purple bows is beyond me!) and realized that I need another bow hanging solution.  That's a project for another day, though.

Then I tackled the books.  I did a quick purge for any books that were messed up (=9), then decided to inventory what was left.

There were 93 books.

93!

And this is *just* the girls room!

That just seems like an absurdly large number of books to me.  So I'll probably go through them for another purge and donate some.  And just in case you were wondering, the Dr. Seuss books are in Kellen's room...so I can't even blame that number on those kinds of books.

After some discussion with some friends, I think I've realized what bothers me about the books, and it has to do with the quality of the books we have, not so much the quantity.  Anywho....

Next up, the toy bins.  Do we need that many toys?  Many of them are for Jacey, and after looking closely at them, I realized that many of them were not age appropriate.  They were all too little for her.

*sniff* *sniff*

My baby is not so much of a baby anymore.

*sigh*

At any rate, here is the finished product.  Tatum played dress up this weekend, so the dress up bins on the bottom aren't 'staged' for photography - this is how they look.






All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.  I am thrilled that Tatum likes to play dress up so much, and I wouldn't dream of impeding her creativity, so I don't mind the craziness of those bins.

Now....for the rest of the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment