Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A day of firsts...

Today was Kellen first dental appointment - ok, ok...I know what the "official" recommendation is...but it was a good visit - no cavities and he even let them clean and floss his teeth - don't judge me :) - We had been talking about the visit and I had been prepping him for it...we had a lot of time to just hang out in the dentists office (more than Mommy would have liked, actually), but it worked out ok because I was able to play with him a lot and get him really comfortable in the surroundings. He didn't like the bright light shining on his face - specifically his eyes - when he was getting his teeth examined, but can you really blame him? He did a decent job of getting the x-ray done, but moved during the second part of it, so half of them look really interesting. We opted NOT to redo them. He's 4...we didn't think it was necessary. The part that I think he dislikes the most was them rinsing his mouth out with the spray water...he just couldn't understand that and the suction...that part freaked him out a little, but ultimately, not a big deal. Then he called his Grandpa Gerren to share the good news and tell him about the "trophy toothbrush" he got as a present. At what point in time the toothbrush morphed into a trophy toothbrush I have no idea, but whatever!

As a reward for doing such a great job at the dentist, he went back to my office with me and played the part of a helper elf , handing out Christmas presents around the office, telling everyone "Merry Christmas!" along the way. It was adorable and he enjoyed it so much! Since he had helped make the cookies, I wanted him to be able to help hand them out, so it was really nice that we were able to make that work. He even helped "assemble" the gifts...a Christmas tub, chocolate no-bake cookies, hot chocolate mix, and some chocolate candies (yes, yes...we are a chocolate family). The folks at the office got a big kick out of him handing the gifts out, too.

Then we headed back to school in time for lunch and there ya' go!

When we got home today, he asked if we were going to make more cookies, apparently because , "It's my most favorite thing to do in the whole world!"

Really? Make cookies? I had no idea.

As for Tatum, 3 steps is our max. That's where we are at this point in time. She gets SO EXCITED when she thinks about walking and tries to walk that she's leaning more than her legs are moving...or she gets those 3 steps and then gets too excited to coordinate the rest of the movements. It's too cute to watch her try and figure this out, it really is. I still haven't figured out why I'm encouraging this development, other than I want to help my kids develop to their full potential - but walking at 9 months? I think she'll have it down pretty well by Christmas, or at the latest by the time she turns 10 months old.

She had a very vocal day today, and was apparently sharing her opinion with everyone...Opinions about what, we aren't all that sure, but she was sure letting everyone know that she was around! She is just too funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment