Monday, June 23, 2008

More please

I decided today that after work, me and the kids were gonna have some fun! I swung by Chick-Fil-A for "Milkshake Monday", grabbed dinner, and Kellen, Tatum and I quickly ate and headed to the pool for some afternoon fun before bath and bedtime. Well, that plan worked really well, and little did I know that I had the makings of a little waterbaby on my hands!

We went to the pool for a little while yesterday afternoon, and Tatum started out tightly attached to me. Typical, I thought, since it was our first pool trip of the summer. She ended up loving the pool, and floated around on her tummy, back, went underwater and even ended her own private lesson by kicking on the side of the pool and then jumping into the water to me. She did great as well! Ms Cymon is just the greatest!!

At any rate, she walked into the pool all on her own today, even though she had to walk past the sprinkly fountains - for those of you that don't know - little Miss Tatum does NOT like to get splashed in the face. At all. Well, she walked by them, and got her face wet, and it didn't seem to bother her that much! YAY!

She proceeded to walk into the water, all the way up to her chin! We floated and played and she had a fun time. Then we decided to try out the shell slide. Kellen, of course, helped his little sister climb up the stairs and position herself on the slide.

Then off she went. Into the water, under the water, quickly grabbed up by Mommy and squeals of delight abounded. She LOVED it! Rapidly signing "more", she quickly indicated her enthusiasm with this particular activity, much to the amazement of the pool-goers sitting around observing this little pool-princess...

I lost count of how many times she went down that slide...she just loved it and the entire pool experience today.

No comments:

Post a Comment