Monday, June 16, 2008

Training day #1

Well, I started training!

I just went and jogged my first mile - and did good on the first 1/3, but had to stop due to kids and lost my momentum. I then jogged the rest of the way with a non-jogging stroller pushing a 25+lb Tatum...Considering that during the 2nd lap (on an outdoor track that a 1/3 lap) I had to stop to console a screaming Kellen who thought I was going to run away because I was so far away from him and he couldn't keep up with me, (and I couldn't get it through his head that he didn't have to follow the path to get to me...he could cut through the GRASS!! - a realization that never did sink through) then got him settled on the playground equipment and finally finished my mile jogging the entire way but the very last portion...I guess it wasn't too bad. Especially considering that this was my first time back doing anything physical since before I had Tatum. (Whoa, scary - isn't it?!?)

Except for two guys playing basketball and another that came to the park later riding his bike, we had the park to ourselves. I think those guys might think I'm crazy, but hey - who cares? All-in-all, for a first day of training and for the kids not being used to this routine, I think it went well. Kellen didn't want to leave the park, even though he didn't quite understand why I was running in circles. But he did comment that I was running fast (bless his heart, I can't wait until he actually sees someone that CAN run really fast LOL).

I just feel so outta it! At any rate, at least I beat that "but I just can't get started" mentality...I'm excited about this and now I'm at least "started" on my training...And I feel really good right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment