Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Training Day #2

YAY! Two days in a row!! I'm going to have the wierdest tan lines, too...

Anyway...the kids did GREAT today...Kellen played on the playground and Tatum just hung out in the stroller getting a ride. It wasn't so bad pushing her, I'll just have to continually remind myself NOT to hunch over while I'm jogging, which I appear to have a tendency to do while pushing the stroller.

I timed myself today...I did 1 mile in 12:10 - not bad considering yesterday was the first day of any "real" activity in a L-O-N-G time.

Which brings me to my question...geared really to anyone but primary to the more experienced runners (or those to access with more experienced runners) out there...

What's a "good" goal pace for running/jogging?

I know that it's highly individualized, but give me a ballpark here (feel free to add a comment)

You know me...the Type-A personality trying to shoot for something other than (or in addition to) mileage.

Pace per mile for a 5K
Pace per mile for a 10K
Pace per mile for a half marathon

And, to clarify, I'm not taking for "elite" athletes here...just ranges for the normal person...I want something to shoot for, not a number that will make me want to shoot myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment