Thursday, January 29, 2009

Odd week

This has been an odd week...

I've had mental moments all week long - you know the kind...the ones where you have way too much to do and tasks that should roll off your brain make you think WAY too hard and question your abilities.

Then yesterday, my assistant flipped backwards out of her chair and hurt her leg on the trash can, and a short while later I smashed my pinky finger in one of my long desk drawers. Instantaneously the nail was filling with blood...You know those kind of smashes...the ones that make you want to scream, but you can't scream because you're in an office, and that's not socially acceptable. You know, you can't just scream your head off in an office, right?

Ug...

So all day yesterday while trying to work, I fought to keep, "my throbbing finger" from seeping into every thought. I punctured it twice last night to relieve the pressure, but it still woke me up several times last night. So I punctured it again this morning.

Just in case you're wondering...I'm gonna lose that entire fingernail. I just know it.

As I got into the office this morning, I came to the realization that you actually USE that little pinky finger A LOT when you type.

Ouch.

I'm still not sure why this week has felt so "off" though...Oh well..only one more day until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment