Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hapes hilarity - of the Tatum kind

We're on day 2 of being home, and Tatum is still running a slight fever.  Nothing too bad, but elevated enough to let us know that her body is trying to fight something.  Well, she certainly still has her spunk, and I'll demonstrate by listing things that she's done to, shall we say, keep me on my toes.

  • I've realized that she can't totally be left on her own to use to potty, and wipe.  Wanna' know how I realized it?  I went in to check on her just in the nick of time, as she was looking down at a toilet FULL of wipes.  She had pulled out wipes from the container and managed to pull about 1/8 of the container, empying it, and deposit said wipes into the toilet. Luckily, I caught her before she flushed.

  • We were exchanging kisses and she arranged my head so that she could kiss me on the hair.  "Mommy, your hair is messy. You didn't fix your hair."  Me, "Yes I did, Tatum.  I fixed it this morning."  Her, "Let me see," moving my head around for closer inspection, "No it's not."  Apparently, my hair is not fixed to her standards.  What a shame, considering that I actually got a shower today, unlike yesterday. (Don't judge).

  • We had finished watching The Jungle Book shortly before she was scheduled to lay down for a nap.  I needed to vacuum, but hadn't dared to so while she was in the midst of any movie, lest I anger the child, 'cause you're princess when you're sick.  Or in her case, even when you aren't.  She was finishing her snack of Cheerios and water, sitting in the recliner, listening to the music that plays during the menu options while I was vacuuming, and I see her lips moving.  I stopped the vacuum and asked what she needed.  "I can't hear the MUSIC!  Are you DONE?"  No darling, but for both your sake and mine, I sure wish I was.

  • In our one hour attempt to get her to lay down and actually go to sleep for her nap, during one of the times she came to the gate by her door she looked at me and said, "I laid down and closed my eyes.  That was a good nap, right?"
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment