Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shout it out...

Well, we're trying to do something of the sort with the recent illnesses in the house.  Kellen is home today and he doesn't feel well.  Perhaps I should say that he didn't feel well.  He seems to be feeling much better, which is GREAT!  He was running a low-grade fever this morning and had a variety of symptoms that assured me he wasn't faking, so I spent some time clearing my calendar, made arrangements for a conference call on the item that couldn't be put off, then got the Tatum-tot ready for school.  I apparently had too many irons in the fire, as I made it to school with Tatum but no lunch for her.  Ug.  I corrected that small oversight, then Kellen and I made a quick trip to the store to stock up on a variety of antibacterial cleaning supplies so that I could attempt to clean EVERYTHING possible in the house today.  Unfortunately, I didn't expect my conference call(s) to last as long as they did.  But you have to do what you have to do, right?

Anyway, with the assistance of some caffeine, delivered by an incredibly thoughtful friend, I feel like I have been fairly productive today...I have kept the laundry going, cleaned the kitchen (counters, including moving items and cleaning backboards); swept and mopped the floors; cleaned the trashcan exterior; and ran the dishwasher twice; cleaned the stove; and dishwasher exterior.  I disinfected the kids bathroom, including a VERY thorough cleaning of the toilet - ALL of the toilet, including behind it.  Sidenote: Daddy needs to chat with Kellen about aiming.  'Nough said.  I changed the linens in both of the kids rooms and disinfected the mattress and bed frame in Kellen's room.  In case you're wondering, I lysol'ed the loveseat, then put a clean sheet on it and he's been camped out there for the day...his own little "set-up" and he loves it.

Luckily, I like the citrus smell of the cleaner I bought, and I have really put a dent in it so far!  Hopefully I'll knock out whatever germs are floating around in this house...and hopefully they haven't already spread.

I'm not through yet, so wish me luck!  And stay healthy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment