I think I failed my non-stress test today. Jacey was moving some during the ultrasound, kicked the nurse as she was putting the monitors onto the ever-expanding space that used to function as my abdominals, and then didn't move again for nearly 20 minutes. Apparently Matt and I breed stubborn and strong-willed children, a trait that is evident even in utero (shocking, huh?). I had 1 kick/movement during the entire non-stress test, despite drinking a Dr. Pepper prior to going into the doctors office and drinking a Barq's (with bite, mind you) during the test. I had 3 other "marks" on the read-out that were contractions. That was it. Ug.
I say I think I failed because I don't actually know what the criteria is for passing a non-stress test in terms of number of movements in that amount of time and I am not scheduled to see the doctor until Friday, after my next non-stress test, when we'll go over all of the results from this week. Of course, that is unless I get a phone call first, which the nurse said was likely.
Jacey has actually been fairly inactive today, which is unlike her. As my zombie-like demeanor might give away, she normally keeps me up quite a bit at night either kicking her legs causing knees and/or feet to attempt to escape my belly or by practicing her punches on my bladder.
However, as I type this now, she's practicing a few of her kicks. Maybe she wants to come out and go straight into Tae Kwon Do with her brother? Who knows.
So, since I'm feeling her move some, I'm trying not to stress about what I don't know about the results of the test today....'cause stressing about it certainly isn't going to help matters!
Just a tip....Sierra never ever moved (at all!) during NSTs. Keep kick counts on your own at home too so you can share with the doctor. Really pay attention and count the number of kicks in an hour and do it on a regular basis (around the same time each evening) so you can see if there is a decrease in kicks over time.
ReplyDelete