- Blood pressure is good (which is a good thing considering how much 'edema' I have...if my bp was off I'm thinking I would be quite a bit more concerned about that particular nuisance).
- Weight gain is just weight gain.
- Muscle tightness/soreness and joint stiffness warranted me a trip to the Health Foods Store for magnesium to supplement...1000 mg per day (or 250% of the daily value). Note to self: I should look at my prenatal to see how much is in that as well.
- Heart pounding and racing was attributed to a hyper volume issue. Nothing to be concerned about unless it doesn't stop and/or I have tachycardia to go along with it (which I haven't).
- Continual contractions, despite a heavy fluid intake of water and gatorade is not concerning at this point, but he indicated the magnesium will probably help with that as well. (YAY!)
The monitoring begins tomorrow with the first non-stress test. Then on Monday I'll go in for an ultrasound and another non-stress test. Next Friday, I'll have the third non-stress test and see the doctor again to go over the results of all of those things. He wants to look at the ultrasound to see how things look with her right now before making the final decision on the steroid shot sequence.
Then we'll go week to week to see how things are progressing. I'm hopeful that the Monday ultrasound/non-stress and either a Thursday or Friday non-stress/doctors appointment schedule can be maintained to minimize my trips. The office is very accommodating, so we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment