Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hangin' in there....

If folks ask me how I'm doing, that's the response they're most likely to get.  Is it sad that I officially have over 4 weeks left and I'm already to the 'hangin' in there' point?

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

  • I don't feel like giving thanks right now because my body is a human humidity reader, swelling larger and larger the higher the humidity levels go.
  • I don't feel like giving thanks right now because it takes me longer than I think it should to actually be able to move once I get up from sitting down.
  • I don't feel like giving thanks right now because the face I see in the mirror no longer resembles the image of me that I have in my head.
  • I don't feel like giving thanks right now because I am seeing way too many numbers on the clock throughout the night.
  • I don't feel like giving thanks right now because I'm having to trek to the bathroom every half hour.

BUT, this verse, and many others with the same overall theme, don't tell me to give thanks when I think my circumstances warrant it.

"give thanks in ALL CIRCUMSTANCES..."

Pretty straight-forward, isn't it?

How do you give thanks when you feel blah?  If you have the answer, let me know, but I'm guessing you adopt a Nike attitude and JUST DO IT.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

In all things.

So, God is working for the good in:

  • the fact that my body is a human humidity reader
  • the fact that it takes me longer than I think it should to actually be able to move once I get up from sitting down
  • the fact that the face I see in the mirror no longer resembles the image of me that I have in my head
  • the fact that I'm seeing lots of numbers on the clock throughout the night
  • the fact that I'm having to go to the bathroom every half hour

He has a plan for all of this.  (And you're probably thinking, 'Well, duh, Rebecca....the plan is for you to be able to deliver a little baby girl!')  Well yes, but considering that some lucky folks go through their pregnancy with very little 'unpleasant' symptoms, I think there might be more to the plan than just delivering.

We'll see.  And I'll trust.

But if you ask me how I'm doing and I'll still probably answer, "I'm hangin' in there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment