And I'm certainly glad that it does!
Matt and I received our vacuum as a wedding present from his Nanny. Unfortunately, it hasn't been working as well as I would like it to for a while. It's a twin chamber bagless upright - a good vacuum - so I've been cleaning what I can on it, checking the brushes on the bottom, you name it, trying to figure out why it wasn't working at its initial power.
And I couldn't figure it out.
Then one day, I was walking around in Wal-Mart, looking at prices for a steam cleaner for the carpet (not buying one, but considering that the vacuum isn't doing such a hot job I wanted to see what options were out there for some deep cleaning action), and I stumbled across replacement filters.
Um, yeah. We've had the vacuum for over ten and a half years and the filter has never been replaced. I have cleaned the filter in various ways such as putting a bag around it and knocking it senseless on the ground and taking a cleaning toothbrush and 'brushing' it off, but replacing....never even crossed my mind.
So when I saw the filters, a lightbulb went off. But of course, I couldn't buy one then, because I wasn't sure of which one I was supposed to get. And I made a note to myself on my Blackberry. Fast forward a month or so (I really wish I was kidding) and I finally remembered to check the specifics on the vacuum and put the information into my Blackberry note for the next time I was at Wal-mart.
Which was Monday. So I replaced the filter. And while I was at it, I rinsed out the HEPA filter, too. And cleaned out the 'twin chambers'.
Who knew that a ten year old vacuum could look almost brand new?
Now that I've shattered any notion that I had it 'together' on the home front (as if anyone who reads this might think that anyway!), I just want to say....I'm really glad that my vacuum now sucks again!!
Lol! I had a very similar experience with our vacuum. Wes blew all the filters out with a air hose and it started working again. Glad it was an easy fix! :)
ReplyDelete