Without snow....or even without it being too terribly cold.
In Texas.
Yup. It's possible.
Here is what they look like.
Aren't they precious?
Because I made turkeys with Kellen, I had already told Tatum that she and I would make snowmen, so after I ran the marathon on Sunday (more on that later), and the boys were at Awanas, she and I made snowmen cookies while dinner was cooking.
Don't be alarmed. They were super easy...and they HAD to be, considering that at that point in time I was lucky to be standing upright.
Ingredients:
Nutter Butter cookies
White chocolate almond bark
Assorted decorating gel
Arrange your cookies onto your cookie sheet
Recruit an absolutely precious assistant.
Melt your almond bark (per the package directions)
Experiment with the best method of cookie-coverage (we used a flip method that seemed to work well) and then place the chocolate-covered cookies onto the cookie sheet
Repeat until all cookies are undecorated snowmen
Let sit until the chocolate has cooled and hardened
Gather your assorted decorating gel and design your own version of your snowmen!
Tatum had a blast doing this...some of her snowmen had yellow arms, some had red, some had things that didn't resemble arms at all. But I resisted my perfectionistic ways and told her she could decorate them ANY WAY SHE WANTED.
And I stuck to it.
She had a blast.
And she was thrilled that I gave her the independence to do it however she wanted. And she thanked me over and over for making snowmen with her.
And THAT was all that mattered.






This is absolutely precious! I'm going to have to make some with Melissa, and remember to let her decorate them how she wants instead of trying to make them look perfect. (I too have perfectionist tendencies!) Love this idea!
ReplyDelete