I have been trying to register Tatum for kinder for a while.
Yeah, I know...I can hear you mocking me now. Things like, "For a while? Registering for kinder can't be that hard, can it?"
Ah, but yes, yes it can.
Allow me to explain.
During the beginning of the summer, Kellen took a session of Kids Klub at the school where he and Tatum will be attending elementary in the fall. So I stopped by the office for the registration paperwork (yeah me...score 1 for efficiency!).
The paperwork sat untouched for a l-o-n-g time. I wasn't ready to deal with it, quite honestly, until the week prior to the registration for Kids Klub afterschool care (um, yeah...late July) when I felt the need to register Tatum for kinder before actually registering her for after school care.
Call me crazy. I just felt like they should be done in the correct order.
Apparently no one else cared, because when I went to do so, her elementary was closed that particular week. And I tried to register her at the main administration building for the school district.
But you can't register a kid for kinder at the main adminstration building, which I quickly learned.
*sigh*
So I was all psyched to get her registered for kinder -finally- all mentally prepared, and it would have to wait until the following week when the elementary reopened. So into the office I went the following week with all of the forms completed and with the shot records in hand......Only to realize that I had neglected to bring the proof of residency, birth certificate and the social security card.
Doh!
Considering my schedule last week, I knew there was no way that I was going to be able to make it to the safety deposit box, where I hoped beyond hope that two of those three required items were located. The time delay allowed me to do one thing, though....have repeated nightmares that I would enter the safety deposit box to find zero birth certificates there and have to scramble to acquire the necessary documentation needed to get Tatum registered for school.
Fast forward to today, when I go to the bank, check the box, and sure enough....there are no birth certificates there. Now, I am confident that I have them, but the question is simply, "Where?" I didn't have the time or the energy to figure out the answer to that question and since hubby thought they were there as well, my recurring nightmare was fast coming true.
The county clerks office was my next stop, and I decided that while I was there, I was going to do a clean sweep for all kids, so I picked up copies of all three birth certificates. I managed to get back to the school in enough time to provide them all of the remaining documentation they needed to officially register Tatum for school, so I'll consider that a success for today!
Maybe there was so much stress and chaos surrounding the actual registration of Tatum for kinder to distract me from the fact that she's actually starting kinder in a few short weeks. She is so excited for 'big school' but right now, I just want to freeze time!!
And in case you're wondering, I did make it back to the bank and all of the certificates are back in safe keeping (so I won't have a repeat of this in three years for Jacey)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment