Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Turn around

I finally did it.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that infants and toddlers ride rear facing until they are two or until they have outgrown their height/weight restrictions on their carseat, and my particular feeling is to keep the kiddos rear facing as long as possible (with the girls, I didn't know as much with Kellen and he obviously turned out fine) to maximize their safety. Please note that I am not saying that the kids are unsafe if they are turned around prior to this, they are simply safer rear facing. Heck, I stood up behind the driver seat when I was little and apparently turned out just fine.  Maybe.  Well, that's up for debate.

Considering that Jacey was 26 lbs and 35 inches long at her 2 year check  up, and that she seems to be growing quite a bit in the way of her height lately, I finally did it.  That in and of itself is reason for celebration, so go ahead and celebrate that growth right there!!

I turned the car seat forward facing tonight.

And I'm sad about it.

Such a strange thing to be sad about.  But I am.

She's my BABY!  She isn't supposed to be forward facing yet.  She's just not.  But when I get into the car tomorrow, I'll be able to look into the rearview mirrow and the special kids mirror attached to it and see her sweet cherub face smiling at me as we head to school.

And we'll begin a new chapter where she isn't as much of my baby anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment