Thursday, August 09, 2012

R&R

I did something that I rarely do - something that I think very few mothers every allow themselves to do (or at least without loads of guilt) - I took off time for myself.  I'm calling it a ME-CATION.

Half a day of that time off included registering Tatum for kinder, which I have already discussed in detail. (That time doesn't count toward the me-cation time).

The other two days (yep, you read that correctly), included a variety of things.  There was lots of laundry - I am now caught up.  Take that, laundry monster - I beat you into submission, and will revel in that fact for the short while until you return, which was possibly a full 1.5 hours after the beating - but there isn't even a full load of laundry to be done, so there....

I did general house cleaning (despite my assurance to myself that I would NOT do that) and picked up dry cleaning. 

Other (more fun) activities included a nice manicure and pedicure (there's the start of the R&R!), lunch with friends, finishing the kids school supply shopping (well, almost finishing), lounging by the pool on two separate days, going running (twice in one day, no less!), and actually reading a book (notice that I didn't say finish the book)!

I also created a new prayer journal with recent Sunday school prayer requests (purchased on my trip to get the rest of the kids school supplies - I'm really a nerd at heart and I love school supplies and getting organized!!) and enjoyed some quiet time.

It has been glorious.


This is what my R&R looks like....and I need to do this more often.  Certainly more than every few (and I'm being generous) years.

There is a reason that the Lord designed the week with a day of rest....why do I not plan my life and my schedule according to His design when it's obvious that it's so desperately needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment