Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bless

"Bless Daddy, Bless Mommy, Bless Shrek," Kellen manages to find many things to bless each night as we say our prayers. We just finished our prayers and said our last good-nights and as I walk out I hear him whispering, "Bless daddy, bless blanket, bless..." and then I couldn't really make out what else it was he was blessing. It's just so sweet! He is such a blessing!

As we were finished up our pasta this evening, Kellen states, "Mommy bath." No, I don't think he was making a statement as to my hygiene; I had already mentioned Kellen getting a bath tonight during our dinner. That was his way of letting me know he wanted me to take a bath with him. After bathtime, I wrap him in a hooded towel (I'm holding on to those as long as I can) and carry him cradle-style to his room to finish getting him ready for bed. He looks at me and says, "Hold baby. Rock Kellen." When I hold Kellen cradle-style, its holding him like a "baby", which he normally doesn't like, except for after baths. When we get out of the bath and he's wrapped in a towel, he wants me to hold him like a baby and rock him. He even goes so far as to try and wrap himself back up in the towel when I put him down to diaper and dress him. It's actually quite endearing. So as I was holding this undiapered, relaxed toddler in the rocking chair, a couple of questions crossed through my mind. One...he usually pee-pees after bathtime and he didn't sit on the potty...am I going to get a surprise?; Two, how much longer will he want and/or let me actually do this? And I realized...once again...these are the moments to cherish. This little boy just makes my heart melt!

1 comment:

  1. I actually find myself doing the same thing, honey. Eyes welling up while I'm rocking him because I know he's gonna be too big for it before long. And there will actually come a day when he doesn't welcome the hugs and kisses with unabashed joy as well. Heck, it's making me cry now.

    And don't feel bad about the hooded towels. I'm still using all mine! :)

    ReplyDelete