Monday, August 01, 2005
Relief
May be around the corner for my migraines. I met with our new GP today to discuss my recent rash of frequent migraines (about 1 that gets through the medicine every week, for the last 2-3 months - but I'm taking meds about 4 out of 7 days a week). He put me on this prevention medicine that he says should reduce the number of migraines that I get by at least 50%, but he's thinking more along the lines of a 75% reduction. Whooo-hooo! Not that I'm excited about the prospect of yet another pill to take every day, but if it works it will be WELL WORTH IT to reduce the number of these puppies that I have to deal with. I have a CAT scan scheduled for tomorrow, just to rule out any of the "big stuff" but he doesn't seem to think that we will find anything out of the ordinary during the scan. Probably not, but I'm at that paranoid stage now where I want to rule out those major things...This was my first visit with him and let me just congratulate Matt on doing such a FABULOUS job of picking out a GP for us. This guy is great! He listened to me as I walked through my symptoms, timeline of problems, potential triggers and compensations, etc., then took all the time he needed to explain the meds he wanted to prescribe for me, their possible side effects, etc., answering any questions that I posed along the way. And he didn't make me feel crazy for wanting a CAT scan to rule out a tumor...in fact, he said that it's common for a long-time migraine sufferer to request one of those if there is a major change in frequency or intensity of the migraine. Man-o-man Matt, you did a great job on this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment