Originally attempted to post this on 4.17.06...Will try again today.
Well, it was Easter weekend this last weekend and it was a weird one for us. Matt was off this weekend, but we didn't end up getting to do all of the things that we had originally planned. His MeeMaw passed away on Saturday. It was something that we knew was coming, and is ultimately a good thing, as she is now with Jesus and Pee Paw in heaven. For those of you that don't know, this is the MeeMaw of the MeeMaw & PeePaw that Matt was so close to...the PeePaw that he lost in February of 2000, so this - as you can imagine - is bringing back those memories of his grandparents for him. Please pray for our family and his as we all go through this loss, but rejoice that she is now no longer in pain and is eternally at peace. The viewing is tomorrow afternoon and the funeral is on Wednesday morning, so we may be out of pocket for a few days...for those of you that want to get in touch with us, you probably have our cell phones and can reach us.
Kellen had another birthday party to go to on Saturday afternoon (in case I forgot to blog it, which I probably did - he had a birthday party at McDonald's on Thursday evening - and the indoor playground and party room there is GREAT!! - he loved it and loved playing on the slide!). Anyway, this party was an Elmo party...and man-oh-man was this an elaborate party! For a three year old! They had a moon jump, had hired a clown who was doing face painting and then did a magic show and made balloon things for each of the kids, rented a sno cone machine, and had different game stations set up throughout the entire yard...probably a dozen or so. In addition to this, they also had one of those MONDO play-things in their backyard...with the slide, swings, and a rock-climbing wall - one that Kellen successfully climbed on his FIRST attempt. (Oh my...what are we in for??) The owner of the house (after Kellen's second or third climb) came up behind him and watched him...asked how old he was, and almost had to catch his eyes when I told him that he would be 3 in July. I"m guessing it's not made for someone his age???
Anyway, then I realized again just how much of a flirt my little man actually is...there is this cutie pie of a girl in his class named Paiten...(her birthday party was a few weeks ago) went over to the play area where he was about to climb the rock wall again. He turned to her and so politely said, “Paiten help me, please.”
Umm…he had already done this very successfully close to a dozen times…virtually without ANY help, yet he wanted this cutie pie of a girl to “help him, please” with the rock wall. Her reply?
“Ok Kellen. I help you.” Then she proceeded to go into teacher mode and tell him how to go about the wall.
OH MY GOSH! Are you kidding me?
Anyway…so yesterday we went to church, then everyone took Sunday afternoon naps…Oh wow…That was SO nice. They were late and long! We got up and moving, then went for a late afternoon drive to take spring pictures. However, something had happened to Mommy slightly before and during the nap…something called the starting of a spring cold. Anyway, we drove to Navasota, then a little farther in search of the ‘perfect patch’ of wildflowers, heavy on the bluebonnets. We finally found them a little past 7:30 PM, parked and got ready for the pictures. We took some with all combinations of the family…and they really turned out great! I’m so happy about them!
I woke up this morning feeling even worse…and it’s progressing in a downward spiral – YUCK! Kellen and I were eating dinner and I was rubbing my head and mentioned something about not feeling well – he asked me about it and then said that he wanted to kiss it and make it all better; leaned over and kissed my forehead, leaned back, smiled really big and said with a smile, “Now you’re all better!” What a sweetie!
Vick’s vapor rub was my friend last night and he’s been my friend so far this evening. It’s the only way that I can breathe at this point in time…Surely these head colds can’t last that long…I’m just hoping that I’m not growing into allergies.
***
As you might imagine, a lot has happened since last weekend. At the time of this attempted posting, there was a problem with our internet or the blog or something, so I just copied and pasted the message I had written into a word document so I could blog it later...
Will update later...enjoy your weekend all!
No comments:
Post a Comment