Monday, April 03, 2006

First night on the new job

So today is Matt's first "real" night at his new job. He went to work two weeks ago, but it was orientation and during the day...tonight is a twelve hour shift and he has to stay awake the WHOLE time...YIKES! He tried to stay up all night last night and sleep today to get his body adjusted and I think that he did a pretty good job of it, so we'll see how it goes. I'm sure that the first night will be the roughest on his body. Then we'll just be in for the rotation of this schedule, which I'm still not quite sure how it works.

Kellen got his finger stuck in the door at daycare today...he saw me arrive at school because they were outside when I got there, so he ran to the door and tried to open it up and was less successful than he had been in the past...it shut on his finger and I just heard this horrible scream! I knew that he was at the door waiting for me, but had no idea what happened...quite honestly, he was standing next to a kid that is somewhat of a tough-guy (I don't want to call him a bully, but he's really rough and we've had incident reports that don't name names, but Kellen can tell me who did what now), so I thought that the kid had done something to him. I ran over to the door and the kid pointed to the door and said that he had hurt his finger in the door and Kellen agreed with him. He told me that he had tried to open the door and that the door had shut on his finger and he couldn't get it out. Poor guy! He didn't seriously hurt anything (no broken bones or even broken skin), but it hurt him for a little while!

A good washing of the hands just in case and we were on our way home to see Daddy before he went to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment