Sunday, April 02, 2006

Happy Birthday!

My love is celebrating his birthday today! We didn't do much celebrating, but I gave him every opportunity. Instead, we drove back from Conroe this afternoon, stopped off at Wal-Mart to pick up some landscape mulch for the flower beds that he wanted to work on and get finished, and made our way home. Kellen woke up just a little before we got home and was in a great mood - how nice for us! Matt worked on the flower beds and projects outside, and I did a test wall with the faux finish that was the #2 version for the bathroom - don't ask, but I'll elaborate anyway - I thought that I had the bathroom project finished last week only to realize that Matt (and ok - me neither) really liked the finished product. So I repainted the entire bathroom with two coats of the light color and we decided that I would do a ragging technique using a loofah or possibly a sponge. So anyway - after the test wall, we decided that we liked the loofah look the best and while Matt was working outside, I repainted the test wall, finished up the painting in the bathroom with the areas that I could actually get to...realizing that I unfortunately could NOT get to the small space behind the faucet OR the toilet...smudging ensued in both of those spaces in the most unfortunate of manners - fixable, but unfortunate. After Matt finished - er, took a break, from outside to admire *grin* the bathroom - I wrangled him into taking the faucet out so that I could get to that area...then a short time later after confirming the plumbing details, the back of the toilet was off as well. So...the painting is officially finished!! A big WHOOP on that one!

And...I'm not too proud to admit that Matt was - is - right...it looks great! The finish and technique works good in that bathroom - despite my reservations. I'm a perfections (surprise, surprise) and this is an imperfect technique...can anyone guess why it bothers me and will take me some time to get used to???

To fully complete the bathroom project, we will need to put the faucet & toilet back in working order, put the door back on, put up door trim & molding, pick out & put up a thingy-mi-bob for behind the toilet, get a new shower rod & hanging brackets, light switch cover (sometime in this project the original has been misplaced - hmmm), and just put all of the stuff back in the room....Doable, right? I think everything but the door trim and molding can probably get finished this week....

I'm so happy about the progress with this!!!

Anyway...on to Kellen...he was able to spend all day on Saturday with his MawMaw and I think that they had so much fun! We took Candyland and Memory this time, and he kept asking to play Candyland...he really likes that game! (Note: he actually plays by the rules at home, but I guess things are a little different at MawMaw and PawPaw's house...). He branched out movie-wise and actually watched Hercules and the Little Mermaid - two of my favorites! We got home tonight and he was singing the Hero song from Hercules - it was too adorable - and talking about an octopus, his memory just astounds me. Matt is talking about trying to count his vocabulary this week - his guess was that he was between 200-300 words...I told him good luck and that at one point in time I was writing all of his words down (of course, this was when he was first learning to speak), but stopped after a 6-9 months or so because I just couldn't keep up with how many words he was learning and using!

No comments:

Post a Comment