On the way to school today, Kellen and I made a deal that if he had no accidents all day, that after eating supper and when DH left for work that he could watch Lion King (he was begging to watch this movie, so I just had to put some strings to it and make it work for us!). This is a pretty big deal for him, since he doesn't watch TV/movies during the week - but hey, tomorrow's a holiday! Anyway, I picked him up from school and he hadn't had any accidents, so he got to watch his show...He was just being so adorable!
I did some quick projects around the house (ok...not quick, but I only worked 15 minutes at a time with breaks - the master bathroom is now taped off and ready for the next stage of the painting process, laundry is moving, dishes washed, etc.) then watched the end of the show with him...then he wanted to watch Veggie Tales (I relented - sucker mommy tonight, it would seem). Then I had the new Toby Mack CD in and it came on when Veggie Tales was over, and he wanted me to pick him up and dance with him...So sweet!
He even ate an entire green apple by himself as a snack while watching the video, and asked for another one that he so politely shared with me. Either I found the magic way to peel/cut the apple or we're just having a fluke day, because he'll ask for them all of the time, but take a bite or two and be done. Eating fruit! And liking it! I'm so overjoyed!
Oh...and it's the end of the day and still no accidents!! (But he went LOTS during the video/play time - every 15 or so minutes, it seemed!) Anyway, it was just a oh-so-fun night with my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment