Monday, July 10, 2006

Wild weekend

So I took off a little early on Friday to *attempt* to get out of town in time to get to the Astros game before it started...No such luck, we finally left town ~ 5 PM and headed to Conroe. We were listening to KSBJ (for those of you that are unfamiliar with this station, it's the Christian radio station out of Houston, 93.3 here, 89.3 in Houston). Their anniversary concert is this coming weekend, so they're having a contest for free tickets for the 24th caller during the new Building 429 song. Sure enough, on the way to Conroe, I heard this song and told Matt, "I think that's the concert song," then called into the station. Loe and behold, it was, and I was the 24th caller! I freaked out on the air (it was pretty funny to listen to when they replayed it after the song was over). So, I won 4 tickets to the concert, and my name went into a drawing for 20 more tickets and a super-nice guitar - they were going to have that drawing after the top 10 at 10PM on Friday night. Well, I didn't win that, but still ended up with 4 tickets! I was in a state of disbelief for quite a while. The funny thing is, I had been telling Matt that we really needed to go ahead and get the tickets, and we had planned to go online and purchase them Friday night! WOW!

Anyway, we made it to Conroe, then down to Minute Maid Park to watch the Astros...I'll just say...the fireworks were GREAT! (The 'Stros kinda' stunk it up on Friday night...actually all weekend, but anyway). The have fireworks, weather permitting, on Fridays after the games. They were awesome! And we had great seats for the fireworks, too..Saturday, I had a pamper morning at the salon I like there in Conroe, then Matt and I took the day for ourselves...Went and watched Superman (Wonderful!!), ate, got some coffee, shopped a little, and just hung out in Houston for the night. Date night!! Whoo hoo! (We've got to have those a little more often!).

We stayed in Conroe later than we had planned yesterday, and left ~ 1:30ish...Kellen slept the entire way in the car, went potty when we got into the house, then laid back down to finish his nap. THREE hours later, he woke up! Yes folks, 3 hours later...for a grand total of a 4 hour nap! It was unbelievable! Matt & I had taken the opportunity to take naps as well, so it was slumber-city at our place!

Then I tackled the bathroom and painted for several hours last night. And I'm almost done with that project!

No comments:

Post a Comment