Well, we're making progress on the home improvements...Over the weekend, Matt and Adam worked on building the deck, and despite the rain on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, we now have a deck and functioning stairs. Still needed = railing, hand rail for steps, and the roof...But it looks great so far! The guys did such a great job.
Kellen's birthday party was on Sunday...we had it at a pool here in town with great slides, etc. However, the party itself was in the kiddie pool area, which had one frog slide. The depth of the pool was perfect...not too deep so that the kids couldn't touch, but deep enough that they weren't in water just up to their knees. It was great!
It was a Cars party, so Kellen's cake had a track and Lightning McQueen on it...he was so excited! And he did just a wonderful job of saying thank you to everyone as he opened his presents...Yay! In fact, when I would say who the present was from, many times he said thank you and then walked to the kid and tried to give the present back to the kid...it was adorable! I had to keep reminding him that his friends were giving him presents...he just needed to say thank you! It was offically from 3:30 - 5:30, but we ended up staying until almost 7:00...the weather turned bad and drove us (as well as virtually all the other pool-goer's) outta' there!
And today I was called for jury selection...It took virtually all morning! The 15-20 minute break before the lawyers were supposed to ask selection questions, etc., turned into an hour and a half break...Well, come to find out, they came to a resolution during this time, which I guess was the best thing. And, it was a CPS case...not the type that I would have really wanted to hear, but we'll never know if I would have gotten selected or not. Hmmm????
No comments:
Post a Comment