Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July...

Today was quite the odd day...the weather was overcast, stormy, rainy, sunny...I mean, I know it's Texas, but come on! For the most part, it stormed and rained, so we nixed our plans to go to the George Bush museum and festivities tonight. Kellen and I also didn't drive to Rockdale to see Gramma and Grandpa at Uncle Eddie & Aunt Glenda's because of the weather, either. So...poor little Kellen went a little stir crazy...and the added bonus: try to keep him quiet so that Matt could sleep! YIKES!

Apparently, we managed just fine on the quietness factor, because Matt was amazed when I woke him up at 5:30 to get ready for work...If he hadn't been laying down, I think he would have fallen over! He thought that I was going to tell him it was noon or something like that...but nope, he managed to sleep all day long without any interruptions (other than Bailey going in and out of the room).

So...Kellen got to watch lots of videos today, and in the midst of this, I managed to get started on the master bathroom paint project...Two good coats of Kilz on one side of the room and three good coats of Kilz on the other - I got a little off-sync there with my painting, and just don't have the energy to finish off the second half with that third coat tonight. However, what we managed to do was get the bathroom in such disarray that we'll be forced to finish the project quickly. *hah* Matt took the back off of the toilet, we're painting over the shower, nothing is hanging on the walls, so the bathroom is, for the most part, virtually unusable until this project is finished. So, that means I'm working on this every night this week until it's done! Judging by the rate that I was getting things done today, I'll should be able to finish the third coat of Kilz on the second half and possibly (probably) the edging with the actual color. Thursday night should be rolling on color (please let it take just one coat!), and perhaps the faux finish. Then Matt gets to put the bathroom all back together!

Let's all hope for some migraine-free days for Becca so that we can get this done!

Anyway...Kellen got to watch videos today, but I noticed that he just likes having them on in the background...He would be playing in his room and I would mention turning off the show, and he would (politely) ask me to keep it on. He wanted to play, but appeared to want them as background noise? Every so often he would run out (with the appropriate toy for the movie) and watch a certain part, or something in the movie would spark him to play something else (watching Shrek required all bicycle gear so that he could go and fight the "dragon" in his room - hilarious!).

I just can't believe sometimes that it's possible for him to crack us up more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment