My little baby isn't such a little baby anymore! He turned three this week...I can't believe it!
His birthday party is this Sunday, so we didn't do too much for his birthday...I made him his dinner request (pasta - he is his mother's child) and let him watch a movie - Dumbo...One of the times that he was asked how old he was, he replied with, "Three...I'm getting old" - he's such a hoot!
We had his three year check up Friday afternoon...we wasn't shy with anyone in the waiting room, or any of the nurses, but when the dr came in, he decided to act like he didn't want to talk! What a funny man...
When I told him that we were going to the dr, he said that he wanted the dr to take his yawn out because he didn't want to yawn anymore. Then he said that he wanted to talk to the dr about making his poo poo not hurt him anymore...So yes, we're still having trouble with this. Dr's suggestion: 1 oz of Milk of Magnesia once a day, every day for a week to, in his words, "clean him out" - then maybe his body will get used to going every day, which should help the problem some.
Otherwise, he's doing well. He's slacked off on the growth curve, and is now at the lower end of what is considered normal for the growth pattern. He's only gained ~4 lbs since his last visit/check up and only grown an inch in height. So he now weighs 30.8 lbs and is 36 inches tall. The dr didn't seem too concerned about this, especially after I informed him of the types and quantity of food that Kellen eats on a regular basis. The nutrition in there, and he thinks the growth will catch up once he turns 4 or 5.
Birthday party at the pool for him this weekend, so I'll try to post as soon as I can afterwards, with pictures and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment