Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ouch

So Kellen and I drove to Conroe on Thursday night so that Judy and I could leave first thing in the morning for the next step in my TMJ saga...we've decided to get a steroid injection in my jaw. This may not sound like a big deal...and really didn't initially to me at first, until the doctor told me that I would have to go under general anastecia (don't quite know how to spell that word right now, but you get the idea). So, I obviously had to have a driver for this occasion, and Matt had to work last night. I didn't want to put it off any longer, so Judy drove me and Kellen stayed with George. THANK YOU BOTH!

I really didn't think it would be too big of a deal and certainly didn't think the after-effects would stay with me as long as they have. The gave Judy the post-op directions (yes, it was actually considered an operation by that office and surgery (same thing, I guess) by my insurance) and a prescription for two medications...a pain reliever and an antibiotic. Took the meds with lunch after we got back to Conroe, and that pain med is stout! I had a salon appointment right after lunch (one that I had made thinking I would be just fine by then) and went in fairly woosey. When I came back from that, I tried to read some fluff magazines, but ended up taking a ~3 hour nap.

When I woke up, we all went to eat at an Italian food place in town so that I could take another round of meds (on a soft food diet today, so pasta I could do...*grin*). Kellen got spaghetti and meatballs, and his eating attempts had virtually the entire restaurant entertained! He wouldn't let me cut up his pasta, so imagine an almost three year old spinning his pasta on his fork and eating/slurping it up. He was quite entertaining and quite the little ham!

Anyway, just before going to eat Matt and I discussed our plans, and decided that it was better for me to stay over in Conroe so that I could continue taking the pain meds...I certainly couldn't drive while taking those things! Apparently, he had an idea that I would be in this kind of shape, but didn't think that I would agree with him, so he didn't share that with me. He was right...I wouldn't have agreed with him and I most certainly am being impacted by this much worse than I thought...

We'll take tomorrow (well, I guess today) and the plan based on how I feel. You may be wondering what the heck I'm doing up this late...well, I had that nap today and am on the meds, but I think I may have pushed through the groggy part to a state where I'm actually having a hard time going to sleep tonight. Just my luck.

Hopefully, this procedure will give my and my jaw some additional relief. Please pray that this works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment