We're in the process of a household makeover...say a quick prayer that we can get it done in a reasonable amount of time!
What we've decided to do:
*Rearrange the furniture in the living room and bring the computer desk and computer from our bedroom into the living room, take the glider & ottoman into Tatum's room and the game cabinet into Kellen's room
*Switch Tatum and Kellen's rooms - (Which requires disassembling and reassembling both Kellen's bed and Tatum's crib - nice, huh?)
Right now, Tatum is in the "old" office/guestroom...which is the larger room because it had the BIG desk, futon, etc. So, since we aren't sure how long we'll be in this particular domicile, we decided to switch the kids rooms and give Kellen the larger room.
I already feel like I've gotten a TON of stuff done tonight (nevermind that the kitchen is a wreck - why is it that when you clean up one room you inevitable dirty another?). Anyway, after everyone except Tatum and I left for the game, I moved the glider/ottoman into what will be Tatum's room and the game cabinet into what will be Kellen's room and have COMPLETELY rearranged the living room. Let's hope that Matt likes it. If not, we'll just keep moving it around until we find something that works. I didn't take the computer and computer desk out into the living room...he'll have to do that and wire it up, but I DID leave a spot (and measured to make sure that it will fit) for it.
Did I mention that I've almost gotten about two weeks of laundry done too? And not just washed and dried, but actually folded and put away!!
As we're doing this, we're BOTH actually willing to GET RID of stuff...which is GREAT, too..I've decided that unless I really love it, it makes me smile, or I use it LOTS, I don't need to keep it...
Not quite sure what's gotten into me (both of us, actually)...but I hope it stays around until we get this project DONE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment