Thursday, June 05, 2008

Some things I learned...

while Kellen was at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's...


  1. Tatum REALLY enjoys being with her big brother...and misses him terribly when he isn't around. As in, she looked for him when we got home last night at the house, then when I asked if she wanted to call and talk to Kellen, shook her head, YES, then babbled to him on the phone when we FINALLY connected with him. It was ADORABLE!
  2. And while on the phone with big brother, I learned that Maw Maw and Paw Paw will pay an arm and a leg to feed him pizza and let him play games just because he wants to (well, not really an arm and a leg, but maybe a couple of fingers *grin*), but then again, they do only have another 2 months to spend that kind of time with him before he starts school *sniff* - AND - Incredible Pizza really is incredible...
  3. Tatum LOVES to play. And is a squealer while this oh-so-favorite of activities. One of her favorite games is "Getcha' " and it consists of me running after her saying, "I'm gonna' getcha' ", her laughing and squealing, running away until such time as she decides she WANTS to be "gotten" then stopping, turning around, and letting me "get her". Getting her consists of tickling - which she ADORES! and blowing raspberries on her tummy, which makes her giggle and squeal with delight.
  4. Tatum also loves getting into cabinets and drawers, something that Kellen didn't care that much about AT ALL. She'll try EVERY cabinet and drawer in the kitchen until she finds one that either doesn't have a child-proof contraption on it or one that does that she can open anyway (apparently there are some that she's strong enough to pull open despite the safety features...go figure). She'll then proceed to pull whatever is in that particular cabinet or drawer out, much to her delight and my dismay, until such point in time as I catch her and she runs away, thinking we'll play the "Getcha' " game. (Note to Mommy and Daddy, the new house MUST have approprate child safety mechanisms on ALL necessary cabinets and drawers, as finding your daughter with a package is lightbulbs in her hands is rather concerning)
It was a LOT of fun just to play with her and interact with her one-on-one last night...even if it was for a relatively short period of time....With bedtime being around 7 and all...She's such a joy!!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, You are such a great mom! I love reading your blog, and "hearing" you talk so lovingly about your kiddos. And I have found that as a mother of two, I cherish those rare times that I get to spend with just one of them, even though I always seem to miss the other one at the same time. Tatum sounds like a doll! I hope we get to meet her some day!

    ReplyDelete