Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Updates

I know I'm still woefully behind on the Christmas update, so please still bear with me on that one...

School has started back up, so I may be a little scarce for a bit...Here's a quick update on the kids.

Kellen

We started his treatment back up on Tuesday afternoon. He seems to be better from whatever upper respiratory crud he had, so it's time to try this again. Day 2 of the treatment was tonight, and Day 1's was successful in its production WHILE HE WAS AT HOME this morning before school. A BIG HUGE YAY on that one. I don't even care (too much, anyway) that I was late for work this morning. Thank you, Lord, for not having him repeat the incident from the last go-round again, and for sparing us ALL from having to go through something like that again today. Please allow Day 3+ to go smoothly as well.

He's doing well both in school and in Kids Klub, other than regular bumps, etc. He had an ice pack on his head when I picked him up today, but he's ok.

Tatum

Tatum is enjoying school, so much so that she runs AWAY from me in the afternoon when I pick her up. She doesn't ever seem ready to leave when I get there. That helps to alleviate some of the mommy guilt that I get when she cries in the morning when I leave her. :-) I know that it's developmental and completely normal for her to do that, but it sure is wearing for me to see and hear her cry for me almost every morning. However, her love of her activities and the fact that she isn't begging to leave as soon as I gets there tells me that she DOES like her school. That and the fact that she asks to GO to school are both clues.

She did; however, have a slight issue today. I picked her up and it looked like she had been scratched by a cat. Seriously. She has ENORMOUS scratches on her face, apparently from another kiddo who decided that verbal "Mine" arguments weren't sufficient, so she resorted to scratching Tatum and got a good swipe in before she was grabbed. And I guess her nails were jagged and did a NUMBER on Tatum. I seriously hope they don't leave scars, and I'm NOT overreacting. I doctored it again tonight with some antibiotic ointment, so I'm hopeful that it 1) won't get infected and 2) Tatum will leave it alone. Please let Tatum leave it alone as it heals...





Mommy

My knees felt like they were back to normal today, but they apparently are not. As I was getting ready to leave the office today, the fire alarm went off in the building. I had to close down the computer quickly, not sure if it was a false alarm or not, and of course, couldn't take the elevator. For those of you that aren't aware, my office isn't on the first floor...but on the fourth. My knees haven't completely recovered from the race.

And speaking of the race, I thought I would throw in a few pictures from this weekend, for those of you interested...

Prior to the race, in front of the George R. Brown...


During the race...and I have no idea what mile marker this was taken at, but I believe it was fairly early in the race...


After the race at the George R. Brown...




And then with some of my biggest fans...



So my question is this...what next? I set a rather lofty goal, really...didn't adequately prepare for it (I'm being altogether truthful here - running up to 6 miles doesn't prepare you for 13.1) and chanted Phil 4:13 through a good portion of this race. As a sidenote, 'I can do all things, through Christ who strenghens me,' is a GREAT pace setter, by the way...I did it, but certainly NOT on my own strength and ability.

So what's next? I personally do best with goals that I work to accomplish, and right now I'm not working towards any. Well, that's not completely true...I always have goals that I'm working towards, but this one really stretched me further than I could do on my own. At least that's how it felt. And since I've done this, I want to be working towards another physical goal...especially since I can see the spiritual significance in pushing our physical bodies to the limit of what WE think we can do.

Any ideas? Another half? Working on a better time? A biathalon? A 10K? I'm open to suggestions....

2 comments:

  1. Train and come run Cowtown - Sat., Feb. 28!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should create a quick key on your computer for this phrase:

    "He had an ice pack on his head when I picked him up today, but he's ok."

    It will save you a ton of time over the years. :-)


    I think you should do a biathlon. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete