...Cute things Tatum has done today...I need to tell the Happy Birthday story...
Today is Grandma Gerren's birthday (Happy Birthday, Mom!!!), so on the way home, I told Tatum that we needed to call and sing Happy Birthday to Grandma. Well, she proceeded to do so the ENTIRE way home. I actually lost count of how many times she sang the song, and we don't live that far away from where I pick her up AND the college students aren't here, meaning the traffic isn't that bad...
And as soon as we walked in the door she was crying to call Grandma so that she could sing to her on the phone. So we called, we get Grandma on the phone and she proceeds to sing the Happy Birthday song to her grandma, and yes, it's every bit as precious as it sounds.
Well, Grandpa gets on the phone and she gets excited, says hi, but then oh-so-clearly makes sure that he knows it's 'not your happy birthday, grandpa...it's happy birthday grandma, not grandpa, oookkkaayy?'
But then she clearly followed that up with "I love you's" all the way around, just to make sure no one got their feelings hurt because it wasn't their birthday.
What a precious and sweet little girl. I am so blessed to get to spend some one-on-one time with her this week and am just enjoying it tremendously!
No comments:
Post a Comment