So far, I've gotten all of the baseboards and walls wiped down in the entire house, save for the 3 bedrooms and the spare bathroom (but I JUST did that when the toilet EXPLODED a couple of weeks ago with Kellen - and I was thorough, at least with the baseboards).
I've also cleaned both hallway fans, and the fan in the kitchen. I still need to do to the ones in the bedrooms, and I'm skipping the one in the living room because it's too high.
I vacuumed the front hallway, dining room and living room, but didn't do the hallway between the bedrooms or any of the bedrooms since Tatum was already asleep when I was vacuuming (I'm not COMPLETELY crazy!).
I cleaned both of the bathroom toilets and scrubbed both of the bathtubs and got two (I think) loads of laundry done and put away. I put another load in this morning before I left to take Tatum to school and come to work.
I feel like I'm on a roll...
Shhhh...don't tell Matt. (I can post this on here because he really doesn't read this blog...)
I know I just ranted about the fact that I don't clean, right? And about the fact that I'm working toward excellence and "good enough." So here's my project for the week...
I want to see just how much of the house I can get REALLY CLEAN to surprise Matt. And I'm not talking "picked up" kind of clean, I'm talking spring cleaning kind of clean.
My primary goals:
- wipe down all baseboards and walls (include tops of trim & doors)
- clean all fan blades (exluding the living room, since there's no way I can reach it unless I got the ladder out, and I think he might have my head if I did that)
- launder all curtains & rehang
- polish all the cabinet doors (kitchen, wetbar, bathrooms)
- all laundry done and put away
- general cleaning (bathrooms, vacuum, mop, etc)
If I have time:
- go through kids clothes that they've outgrown and package for give-a-way
So whatcha' think? Will I be able to get this done in three nights?
As long as you send at least one kid to MawMaw and PawPaws with him!
ReplyDeleteWell, then I'm starting off on the right foot! :)
ReplyDelete