It was such a good streak
Since the first part of June, she's had good days. Every day.
That ended yesterday. Well, it apparently ended the day before that, I just didn't know about it. She didn't tell me. In fact, she told me the opposite.
Darn that sin nature!
So I found out yesterday afternoon that she had a rough time at nap time the day prior. And the fact that she didn't get to feed Bugsy (the class hamster) yesterday because of those bad choices didn't seem to alter her decision to make the same bad choices. At nap. Again.
"But I was good during circle time!" was the response I got to a few of my questions regarding these choices. "Doesn't that make you happy?"
*sigh*
So our streak of fun evenings has come to an end. While she told me the truth about her day, she did lie to me about the day before, so we weren't able to do any fun stuff last night. In fact, after dinner she got ready for bed and went to lay down.
I had forgotten how loud she could cry when she was really wanting to put on a show.
And how great she is at making excuses to come out of her room.
I had also forgotten how much nicer it was to be able to lay Jacey down in her bed while the room was empty. And quiet.
Apparently Jacey is a sympathy
My verse for this yesterday morning was, "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice." (Philippians 4:4)
I tried to keep that in my mind during the day.
I think I may have done a better job while at work than at home in doing so.
Think about that one word or phrase at a time. Really meditate on it.
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice - be glad, take delight
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
in who? the Lord....shouldn't we be able to delight in Him?
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
Always - every time, all the time, forever
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
again - once more, another
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
Am I rejoicing that my Tatum-tot broke her 'good choices' streak? - No
Am I rejoicing that Jacey seemed fairly inconsolable because her sister was upset? - No
I don't need to hinge my happiness and joy on events. Or people. Or money. Or jobs. It is in the Lord that I should hinge...well, everything. His words, His promises.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28
So, despite this behavioral bump, I'm going to rejoice in the Lord.
And today is a new day.
No comments:
Post a Comment