Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Another new one....

So I received a call late yesterday afternoon from daycare indicating that Jacey had a rash on her feet and legs, moving up her leg, and on her bootie. They indicated to me that there were 2 confirmed cases of hand, foot and mouth disease already at the school (and more specifically, I *believe* in her class).

I immediately called the doctor's office to see if I could get her seen yesterday afternoon, or if I should go to urgent care (this was a new illness for me to deal with - neither of her siblings have had this) or just get an appointment for this morning. This morning won out and so she was seen at 9:30 today.

It was confirmed.

Hand, foot and mouth.

She appears (at least as of now) to have a mild case of it. (Thank you, Lord!) She only has a few moist blisters (one on her thumb and another couple on her feet/toes) and then a dry rash up her leg and on her bottom. She is not running fever (and hasn't, which is apparently uncommon), and there currently appear to be no blisters in her mouth. (Again, another thank you, Lord!!)

The doctor indicated that we could be looking at about 4 days, or as long as 10, for the moist blisters to dry up. He said she was contagious if she had any fever or any moist blisters (he wasn't at all concerned with the dry rash).

So, since I'm yet again dealing with a new illness (not 'new' as in undiagnosed to others, just 'new' as in I've-never-dealt-with-this-with-either-of-my-other-kids new) with Jacey.

God is certainly using my parenting Jacey to stretch me.  Forget another chapter in my life book....parenting her is going to be a whole new book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment