Sunday, June 26, 2011

What a day!

Yesterday was an all-around good day.

It began with a bit more of a jolt than I had anticipated when I realized that the Old Navy $2 tank top sale began at 7 AM.  This realization came shortly after 6:30 AM....and the girls and I were at the store at about 5 minutes after 7 to start in on our sale day.

Whew!

We managed to get a few tanks, and then took advantage of the other sales they were having....and ended up with matching 4th of July tanks, swim suits for both girls, and two very well-behaved girls.

So we headed to Sweet Eugene's for breakfast...a special treat of cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk (courtesy of our coupon book).  We sat in the 'library' section of Sweet E's and enjoyed our breakfast.

We were having so much fun, that Tatum even asked if we could do more 'fun stuff.'

We headed to the library to check out some books, and made it there about 5 minutes before it actually opened.  Tatum picked out a few books and so did I, and we left not too terribly long after arriving, due to a wee one needing a nap.  And making sure everyone in the library knew it.

She fell asleep by the time we got back to the house, so I put her down for her nap and Tatum and I read a few of her books.  I took a short nap, Tatum played, and then daddy and Kellen got back from their fishing trip.  Lunch and 'real' naps later, I went to the next phase of my day.

The spa!

I was able to use a Christmas present a bit before it expired....so enjoyed a relaxing facial and relaxing massage.....They were both wonderful!

Back to the house and we decided to use some of Kellen's coupons for dinner and we all enjoyed Golden Corral. After dinner (and yummy Golden Corral desserts!) we headed back home for a few games of I Spy (aka - Investigate).  Then it was bedtime for the kiddos and Matt and I caught up on some DVR'ed shows.

Such.a.great.day.

No comments:

Post a Comment