So I had my migraine follow-up yesterday afternoon and all was well. I've had 4 migraines since beginning the medicine on August 1st, and taken 6 Imitrex for those 4 migraines (yes, 2 of those were dooseys!!) I've been marking them, along with the Kellen "special juice" dosage, on Kellen's day care menu that they send home at the beginning of each month. The migraine days are circled. He seems to think that within another month there won't be any circles on my calendar. As far as I'm concerned, I"m thrilled with the results as of now! But he said that he would be dissapointed if I would have 4 migraines a month while taking this medicine. Whoo Hoo!!! Relief!!! What a wonderful thought!
I had the forethought to bring with me the other medications for my jaw...he's a doctor right? So while I was there I also chatted with him about my insomniac phase caused by the other meds. He gently asked if I had considered trying to cure one thing at a time. I didn't have the heart to tell him that if I did cure one thing at a time that I would be going off of the Topomax...I just told him that I had to get the jaw issue under control and wasn't going to stop treatment for the TMJ. I told him that I understood his concern and under normal circumstances would agree with him, but that I couldn't continue to live with my jaw in its current condition. He was concerned that perhaps the Topomax was causing the insomnia, but I pulled out the calendar, showed him when I started the Topomax, when I started the other meds, and when the insomnia issues began...It's pretty clear to me that it's the other meds because it started up at the same time. Anyway, I asked if it would be alright for me to take some Tylenol PM along with these medications to get some rest...expressed my concern about my body not being able to function properly on 2-3 hours of sleep/night for any prolonged period of time. He said that it wasn't a problem and that the combination should be fine.
So...fast forward until Kellen's in bed...Daddy's home (but about to go to a review) and I'm taking my nightly dose of drugs...hoping, praying, "Please let this work...please let me be able to sleep...all night long. Lord, you know how tired I am, please let me be able to sleep." (I don't think I've mentioned yet that I've been up since 1:00 AM...yup...1 AM). So I'm in desperate need of sleep. And, for the most part, I DID! I woke up around 1:30 or so, but was able to go back to sleep (the very thing that has been eluding me all week long), then again at about 4:00 and thought I was a goner for sure..nope! Able to go back to sleep again. THANK YOU JESUS!
I am SOOO happy to see you are getting some sleep! - Speaking of the TMJ, is the medication for that working?
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Jen
It seems to be...I realized on Thursday that I could open my mouth a little further, but it pops really badly when I do that...hurts, too. But, I can actually open it without having to manually move the lower half of my jaw to open it...which is progress in my book!
ReplyDeleteTwo more weeks of the muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory meds and we'll see where this goes...