Thursday, March 23, 2006

Day care mystery

Well...Kellen has the folks at school stumped...on Monday, yes-his first day in his new class, he got a horrible cut on his cheek...about 2 or 2 1/4 inches long...right on the top of his cheek, under his eye, and stretching virtually to his ear/hairline. Well, when he did this/it was done to him - the exact details of this incident remain a mystery to all except Kellen, and his story changes each time it's told - he apparently did not cry, run to the teachers, yell, raise a ruckus, you get the picture. So, as a result of his apparent silence, the teachers weren't aware that he was injured until some time later, at which point in time they tried, to no avail, to determine what exactly had happened. Obviously, no such luck. When I arrived at school to pick him up, the teacher was incredibly apologetic, and I tried to ask Kellen what had happened as well...I got the same two stories out of him that the teachers had gotten, plus a brand new one! Oh boy!

We're keeping antibiotic ointment on it in hopes that it won't scar, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one I guess. He and I had talked about not touching his boo boo (I'm trying to get him NOT to scratch it...), and have been putting the ointment on it in the morning before school and then at night before bed, and have left instructions for the school to keep it on him as well. But he knows he isn't supposed to touch it because we've talked about it. When one of the teachers came into his class to put his medicine on his face, he responded to her with, "No, don't touch my boo boo! Mommy said we no touch the boo boo!" Apparently he was really cute about it...and it just cracked her up with how sweet and emphatic he was about not touching his face. She finally convinced him that his Mommy said it was ok and that she was just going to put the medicine on it like Mommy did.

Ok...so fast forward to tonight...I went to meet MawMaw because I have a work trip tomorrow and he's going to stay with MawMaw and PawPaw for a few days...Sidenote: I'm not sure who's more excited about this arrangment...the kid or the grandparents! Anyway...he was so sweet in the restaurant! At one point in time, he just looked at me, stroked my hair, and said, "Beautiful hair, Mommy. Beautiful hair. I want to kiss it." Then leaned over and just kissed my hair. Ohmygoodness.....For those of you wondering...yes, tears did well up in my oh-so-emotional eyes and I just wanted to hold him and squeeze him forever! What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! He's ours for a two nights and a day!

    ReplyDelete