Sunday, March 12, 2006

Outta' whack

Outta whack is apparently what I am...and I'm not talking about my psychological self, for those of you wondering. *grin* After a conference in mid-February when a 10 minute massage that felt oh-so-good left me concerned because the masseuse indicated that my C1 was out of alignment, I was referred to a chiropractor and have been going to this Dr for the past week...after seeing the x-rays that she took...I concur...I'm outta' whack! My back x-rays look HORRIBLE! Nothing broken that a surgery could fix, but definitely misalignment issues that desperately need to be addressed. No wonder I almost always seem to be aching! She feels like many of my current issues (back pain, shoulders, lower back, etc., as well as my TMJ & migraines could all be connected). Finally...someone else that seems to think holistically...Matt laughed when I said that...I guess chiropractors are known for that philospophy...but anyway...she also gave some credibility to some other symptoms that I was having that had been dismissed by others, so that made me feel like I wasn't going crazy...just that my biomechanics are completely outta' whack and causing a host of problems that need to get fixed.

Anyway...I did a treatment on Tuesday, Thursday, and again on Friday...set up this next week for Monday, Wednesday & Friday...In her words, "We should have been friends a long time ago."

Wish me luck through this journey...I'm having to fight many of my bad habits, since I regularly pop my back (it's been out of alignment for so long that I guess I've just gotten in the bad habit of doing that...and I've been told I MUST stop) I'm now realizing just how often I actually did that! Who knew? (Other than everyone around me?!) I've always thought that I've been kind to my back since my wreck in high school, but apparently, that hasn't been good enough...or maybe it would be a WHOLE lot worse if I wasn't aware of my tendency for back issues...Who knows! Let's just pray that we can get me straightened out - Literally - quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment