Well...as the title might indicate, we're actually moving forward on the bathroom project. YEAH! *Happy Dance* (and sore back tomorrow, I'm sure!) Matt finished the sanding yesterday morning and I damp wiped the walls to clean them off after the dust had settled somewhat. Started on the first coat of Kilz primer this morning and the first coat took a little longer than I had anticipated, but that's ok! Let that dry really well, caulked a little bit and smoothed that out, and on to the second coat...trying really hard to cut in on the edges, etc...[note: I am obviously NOT a painting pro]. As it stands right now, I've cut in again and am waiting on Matt to sand down some areas that need it...then I'll do another whole third coat, let it dry, and then it's onto COLOR!!! Our initial thought for the painting technique won't work, so I'm going to scour the DIY network to get some ragging painting techniques (scary thought, isn't it??). But we're moving on it and I'm seeing PROGRESS!!!
6:00 PM Update...The final (I think!) sanding is completed, and the 3rd coat of Kilz primer is on the walls. After looking at the DIY network website and then again at what we had initially purchased for our painting technique, I am thinking that it will actually work...they have included an edging tool in the package (smart folks), which is what I was concerned about...so...I think Matt and I have decided that we'll let this primer get good and dry and the color will go on tomorrow after work. Whoo hoo!
(I know this blog may be incredibly boring to some...but for those of you who are regular readers, you'll understand why I feel the need to include this project update *grin*)
No comments:
Post a Comment