So today was the first FULL day of no pull-ups, just training pants for munchkin man. We had one accident at the house before we even left for school (somehow I have to get it across to him that the toast will still be there when he gets back from the potty - where did he get that love of bread? I'm sure it couldn't be from his Mommy???!!??), but then made it to school ok and made sure to tell the teachers that he was in training pants and not the pull-up. Well, I'm not sure if he just had a bad day or if he was just getting back at us or what, but he had several accidents today - lots of clothes wrapped up in the bags for Mommy to pick up when I arrived at school - Oh well! We expected that for the first few days!
His issue tonight was telling me he had to go poo poo, me sitting him on the potty, them him hopping right back off and saying that he didn't. I really think that he was holding it in so that he wouldn't poo poo on the potty, because he actually went pretty well in his training pants a little later on. I'm so worried about pushing this phase of it, because with his BM troubles, I don't want to push things with him and the potty and just make him hold it all in and make everything worse. I feel like he's just now growing out of the issues that we have been having and I don't want to go backwards. Arg!
However, we are putting him in a pull-up at night to sleep in. No way in getting around that one right now and I'm not even going to tackle it until we have the daytime worked out.
We're getting there, though! Whoo hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment