Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Poor baby!

This morning was very odd. I woke up, got almost completely ready, and still not a peep from my Kellen. I went into his room a little before 7 and he was still sound asleep - tried to wake him up (didn't try too hard, but did hold his hand and rub on his back a little bit), but nothing. Still zonked out. So I finished getting ready and then went back into his room a little after 7. His door has been open since my initial peek, and still my little boy slept. What's up with that? I finally rouse him and after he stretches and rubs his eyes, he looks at me and says, "I threw up."

Huh?

Then he proceeds to tell me that he got sick last night, and shows me the spot on the floor by the door where he threw up (we're not talking huge quantities here, folks). I asked him if he called for me ('cause I most definitely did not hear him) and his reply, "I cried." Then he proceeds to show me his cry face. "See, like this." I never could get a good answer out of him about whether or not he called for me while he was getting sick. He said that he felt fine now, and that his tummy didn't hurt, but it certainly was an odd way to start the morning!

Minutes later Matt came home and was pretty much in shock to see that Kellen had just woken up. If you can't tell, his sleeping late is highly unlike our little guy.

Poor thing! I just can't believe that he didn't call out for me or that I didn't hear him last night while this was happening. He just wanted to snuggle and snuggle this morning, but he certainly wanted his Daddy to take him to school. There were no if, ands or buts about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment