We had such a full weekend that I need another day to recover...or two...
Thursday night Kellen and I went to MawMaw and PawPaw's and although it wasn't intended, our arrival was a surprise. Friday Matt and I went to my TMJ dr appointment to see if there is anything else that can be done right now for my jaw...I've been seeing the chiropractor twice a week now for a couple of months and I can notice a difference, but she's thinking that I need a night guard and we wanted to get his opinion...He's fairly indifferent on the night guard, but thinks that I need a steriod injection in the joint, which would require me to be "out" although it's a outpatient procedure done in his office. So, we're probably going to have that done in a couple of weeks. Back to MawMaw and PawPaw's afterwards to get set up for the first installment of the marathon family reunion weekend.
Friday night - pool at the park and then pizza and games at MawMaw and PawPaw's
Saturday - down to Chuck's for brisquet, swimming and games
Sunday - down to Channelview for the gameroom/pavilion
Monday - hang out with everyone that hasn't flown out or started back on their drive...
Kellen and I got back home around 8:30 last night. I'm beat! I could barely make it through work today, and have NO idea what I'm still doing up! (Actually, that's not true...I'm cleaning the house because we're going to have company tomorrow night). I'm doing a Girls Night Out and a friend of mine is coming over here with her kiddo and we're splitting a babysitter. Hence the need for some cleaning.
Tonight after work was Kellen's first swim lesson...and we managed to survive. That's about the extent of it today. After the rain this weekend, a cooler front (not a cold front, but just cooler - hey, we are in Texas!) came through and the air was rather chilly for those of us in the pool at 6:35 PM...His little teeth were chattering and his lips were turning blue! He just didn't want to let go of my neck! We were able to play some of the skill games, and he's ok with being on his belly, but NOT his back. We'll just have to work on that. I didn't want to push it tonight, as it's the first of nine lessons and I didn't want to take the fun out of the swimming lessons and swimming/pool in general. Hopefully tomorrow he'll do better - and hopefully it will be a little warmer! I don't blame him for not wanting to let go of me...It was COLD in the water!!
No comments:
Post a Comment