Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend...

What an unusual weekend...it starts out with us leaving for Conroe on Sat. morning after Matt got off of work...with dog in tow, then getting a call indicating that the storm that blew through Conroe had once again knocked a tree over in George and Judy's backyard. What are the odds? Once again, the falled tree had damaged the fence, only this time it hadn't destroyed any property (whew!). So, Baily's status as a backyard animal was in jeapardy...kennel in the garage or boarding was in order, so we opted for the boarding route, which meant that I took a half day today since we couldn't pick him up until this morning. Wacko start to the weekend, I guess. Oh well!

Went to the housewarming party...which was nice, and ran after Kellen seemingly the whole time (I know that I had assistance on this, but I was WIPED out after this party was over). George and Judy offered to watch Kellen while Matt and I went to do something, but we were both exhausted! How sad...

Church on Sunday...Then finally got Kellen some sandals (bought 5 pair and ended up with 2 that he will tolerate/fit him) - Whoo Hoo! MawMaw is taking the rest back to the various stores from which they were purchased. We were supposed to go and see Tom, Cassie and Taylor, but Taylor had a stomach virus and the doctors had suggested she have no visitors...so that knocked that visit and part of our trip out. Stinker.

So, Matt and I decide to run a couple of Houstonian errands and make a night of it on Sunday night instead...and drove around for ages. We had a great date night that consisted of riding around Houston. Sounds like an odd date night, but we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Onto the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment