I just had to give a big, "Whoo hoo!" today!
We were out of town this weekend, and Kellen did wonderfully on the potty. During the ride home (3 hrs) he told us that he had to go twice (fortunately we were close to places to stop). AND, he fell asleep during the ride coming home, but didn't have an accident and when we got to the house, he asked to go pee pee. Whoop!
We got some clothes this weekend, and I had a feeling that the "right" big boy undies would do wonders for his...umm...motivation. And we might have found them...Shrek! He was desperate to wear them, but I told him that he couldn't because he was having too many accidents but that once he got really good at telling Mommy and Daddy that he had to go pee pee, that he could wear the Shrek undies (this was before our ride home, mind you). Well, perhaps something about that conversation - or the motivation for Shrek undies - might have really done it!
He woke us up this morning at his normal time with a loud yell...when I went into his room and asked what was wrong, he told me he had to go pee pee. And we made it! (Not that he was dry or anything, but getting him to sit on the potty first thing after he wakes up in the morning has been a bit of a struggle with us lately).
He only had 1 accident all day at school today, and none tonight while he were hanging out here at the house...AND during the day today (at school) he went poo poo on the potty, too! Throughout the day today after he would go, he kept telling his teacher that his Mommy was going to be so happy. How adorable is that?
When he told me that he had gone poo poo on the potty, it was immediately followed by a request for a sticker (we've implemented a sticker reward for that and a grab bag item as a reward for days when he doesn't have any accidents - we haven't made that one yet).
And it gets better...Kellen is just making my day today! As we were getting ready for bed, he reminded me that we needed to floss his teeth. Whoop! And he picked out the purple flosser with which to do it...I still do all of the flossing and we take turns brushing, but YEAH! He reminded me! And let me do all of his teeth!I'm so excited! (I'm having a good "Mommy" day today and just wanted to share my good news!).
Otherwise, the day has been a Monday...we had a water leak in the building over the weekend and my office suite was part of what got water damage. Arg. So I walked in this morning to the student worker computer in the lobby area of my office all disconnected and that desk in dissarray. But, it could have been much worse! It didn't get into the small conference room or the records room (two other rooms within my suite area), or my office. Whoop!
No comments:
Post a Comment