Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Separation Anxiety...

Man oh man...I just LOVE this developmental stage (please note the sarcasm as it drips heavily from that statement)...Separation Anxiety.

They HAVE to go through it.

It's developmentally appropriate.

And normal.

And it makes me feel like my heart is being worn on the outside of my body and pierced with a thousand swords - heck, this is the world of TAMU, a thousand sabers - every day when I drop Tatum off at her class and she immediately cries, looks at me with tears streaming down her face, reaches her arms toward me, all the while crying out for me.

I adore the words "Mommy" coming from her lips, but the sound of her screaming "Mommy!" in that manner as I walk out the door just makes my heart break in a million pieces...and I walk over those pieces in my clunky boots on my way out the door heading to work.

*sigh*

It's a developmental stage that she MUST go through. Kellen did it and survived.

It's proving that she's realizing that she is an individual. And that I'm comfortable AND comforting to her.

And she's fine minutes after I leave.

However, many times the "head" knowledge of all of this makes every morning of this routine NO easier on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment