What does "normal" look like for you and your family?
I'm not sure that I know what it looks like for ours...Matt and I were talking about that today...we've been trying to get to a "normal" schedule recently. One where we can plan to see each other on a regular basis, discuss things, spend time together, take the kids to the park or on walks after work and school, you know...all of the things that couples should be able to do on a regular basis...the "normal" things that occur in familes.
Except in our case, one thing after another has popped up in our schedule for so long that despite our attempts to grasp that so-called "normal", we seem unable to attain it.
So I'm wondering, it is just us? Or is there even such a thing as "normal" - in the way in which our brains are thinking of it, anyway? In our world that now consists of two full-time working parents - one with an alternating schedule, church and Bible study activities, one kid with football numerous time a week and the other that does best with a 7 PM bedtime, random "misc" work events and school stuff, are we striving for something that simply doesn't exist?
I don't think there is a normal!! Chris and I try to maintain something of normalcy, but you're right, something ALWAYS happens! There's church stuff, work stuff, family visiting, something! We're getting better at the hanging out in the evenings. I think we'll make our own "normal!"
ReplyDelete