Friday, February 06, 2009

Clean Slate

So after yet another accident today....Kellen and I went to Walgreens to pick up two different medicines...his "old" medicine and an enema. The latter was HIGHLY recommended by a co-worker who is dealing with the same issue with his son, and their doctor - a specialist - recommended it as one prong in their trio approach treatment. We had, up to this point, done the two other prongs, but hadn't taken the leap for the third.

I took the leap.

So we now have a clean slate, so to speak. I won't go into details. Suffice it to say, I still want to know what's wrong with Kellen. I'll simply ask WHY should that particular medicine (or any other medicine, for that matter?) take 2-4 times the allotted time frame to take effect when the box says 2-5 minutes (it took his body almost 10 minutes to kick in). Ask yourself, if you've ever had one, if it took the full time the box indicated to take effect.

Uh...Hello????

At any rate, we'll begin the Miralax tomorrow and will try for two weeks, as was the plan the first time around.

Please pray for Kellen as we go through this. Pray for a cessation of accidents, especially at school (four in this week alone horrifies me - I shudder to think of the various impacts those are having on Kellen). Pray for us as we continue to trouble-shoot, and pray that we are making and continue to make the correct decisions for his treatment, whatever that needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment