Thursday, February 05, 2009

Updates...

1. We're still trying to "regulate" Kellen. Unfortunately, he had another accident yesterday. I talked with Matt about switching him from this medicine back to the old medicine...his body seems to react better to it. I mentioned that last night, and Kellen was happy about it. I said something about it again this morning and Kellen was excited. He went on to make some comments about it that just made me want to cry...

'I like the old medicine, because it didn't make me have accidents. This medicine makes me have accidents. It turns my poo poo into poo poo water and it doesn't stay inside - it leaks out.'

Oh my...let me tell you...first thing in the morning - heck, any time of the day, that just broke my heart.

He had another two accidents today...So, bottom line - I'm not giving him any more of that medicine, will get some more of the Miralax, and we'll switch asap. We'll try for two weeks - same plan as before - and see if his body can start to self regulate.

2. My daughter is a chocoholic. (I wonder where she gets that from?). And she's a sneak.

Interesting combination.

There was a small container of Oreos on the computer desk this morning. She had seen it and was continually asking for 'cookie'. Considering she had only just had breakfast, I had told her no. Well, I was in another room for only a few short minutes, and that was apparently long enough for her to get into the container, get a cookie, and spill the rest of them on the floor. When her daddy walked in and busted her, she tried to cover by picking them up and returning them to the container, then taking the container to her daddy and telling him, 'cookies yucky-fell floor - yucky'.

Little stinker.

I guess that's what I get for not eating them all last night, huh?

3. Tatum is visiting Maw Maw and Paw Paw today...Well, I got an email today during work letting me know that Tatum is now capable of escaping...er, climbing out of her pack-n-play.

Nice.

To the best of my knowledge, she hasn't tried to get out of her crib here. YET. Kellen was out of it at about 20 months, if my memory serves me correctly. So we've had 3 months of extra 'containment' time with her....Let's just see how long it continues.

I'm NOT ready for that switch over here...

No comments:

Post a Comment