Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring fever

"Spring fever" is what Kellen's teacher coined as the cause for his misbehaving ways today. Darn! He had been doing so well at school! Apparently he had a lot of trouble today listening and following directions. At least enough trouble to warrant an email to me with a request to reinforce those items at home. Got it! Consider reinforcement of said behaviors done...

I feel like I've gotten a mark against me in the "bad parent" column seeing as how he misbehaved the day after I let the he and Tatum have a movie night because they both had such good days yesterday. On a school night at that! Shame on me. But I enjoyed watching Aladdin, too!

Today was picture day for Kellen...Matt and I discussed, at length, whether or not to cut his hair for the pictures, and ultimately decided against doing so. Kellen is becoming increasingly 'attached' to his hair, so much so that he'll put his hands over his head to 'protect' his hair if we discuss him actually getting a haircut. As of now, neither Matt nor I mind this, but I wonder how long that will last...Matt typically likes to give him HIS type of hair cut come late spring/early summer, and keep it that way throughout the summer time. I'm not sure if Kellen will be up for that one this summer...It might be interesting...

In another front, Tatum will be two in a week. Whoa. Where did the time go? On the one hand, I can't believe she's going to be two! On the other, I can barely remember my life - our family - without her. If you've ever met her, you'll understand that on a couple of levels, especially considering she has such a strong personality (can't imagine where she might get one of those).

She's still doing GREAT on the potty front...She's had maybe 4 accidents in the last 3 weeks or so, one at school and the others either on our way home or with me. Hmm...what does that say? I wonder if I'm not asking enough? I had a conference yesterday and today and took her with me this morning to get some coffee before I dropped her off. While we were waiting on it, I asked her if she needed to go and she said "yes," so we did. And she did. I'm working on this with her, but I'm still not really sure that I'm ready for her to actually GO to the potty. Even considering the fact that I cloth diaper, it's still a LOT easier for her to just go in her diaper and have me change her when the diaper is full and/or I get a chance, rather than when she has to go RIGHT THEN.

Mommy's got to get with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment