I feel like I can *almost* breathe a sigh of relief...this week has been SO HECTIC, both with work activities and with the Tatum sleep adjustment issues. I am just READY for a relaxing weekend...
Lord, PLEASE let this be a relaxing weekend!
To update...the chili went well, and Matt invented his own special chili recipe, even if he didn't intend to do so. He went to the store last night, but didn't quite get my grocery list exactly correct, so the chili wasn't made how I usually make it. But, as is his normal cooking style, he managed to pull it off and it still tasted pretty good with his "help" even if it wasn't my normal chili recipe. In fact, it was one of the only pots of chili there that I could actually EAT without needing a fire extinguisher for my mouth, so I was completely ok with it! It; however, did not win the chili cook off (as opposed to the last time I made chili and entered it in the chili cook off...it DID win). Just saying...
We now have valentines for the parties at both schools that will be taking place tomorrow. Kellen and I spend some time writing out his valentines, inserting the tatoos, and sealing then shut. What exactly is the point of sealing them shut with a sticker anyway? The 'to' and 'from' are on the outside of the card itself? I just don't get that... That, along with the chili cook off and having to go to the store to get said valentines resulted in him going to bed VERY late - I certainly hope that tonight and tomorrow go well for him. He hasn't been sleeping well at night either lately, so I hope that tonight will be different for him (and subsequently for me as well).
Hey, Tatum's visiting Maw Maw and Paw Paw, so I don't have to worry about her. If Kellen has a good night sleep, perhaps that means that I will as well, right? Sound logic, huh?
A girl can dream, can't she?
No comments:
Post a Comment